Unusual train Movements

melmerby

• RMweb Premium

Hi all

Yesterday there was a lot of shuttling between Tyseley depot & Moor Street station using a train with a steam loco (Rood Ashton Hall?) at the nothern end and I think a diesel at the other.

They were using variously platforms 3 & 4 and the Moor Street siding as the train went: Tyseley>Moor Street platform (3 or 4)>Moor Street siding>Moor street platform>Tyseley, which was repeated regularly. This went on for about 8 hours with a journey every half hour or so.

The TOC code was TY so presumably Tyseley's own new TOC

What was going on?

Was it crew training or similar?

Cheers

Keith

It was Vintage Trains, now a TOC in their own right, doing 'dress rehearsals' for their operation of The Polar Express.

I believe this will be the first public service that Vintage Trains will operate with their own crews and locos - hence the desire to get things right before the public (and press) get a go.

• RMweb Premium

It was Vintage Trains, now a TOC in their own right, doing 'dress rehearsals' for their operation of The Polar Express.

I believe this will be the first public service that Vintage Trains will operate with their own crews and locos - hence the desire to get things right before the public (and press) get a go.

Found this on FB:

https://www.facebook.com/vintagetrains/posts/1951518318302109

Keith

• Like 1