New Depot layout

pendlerail

Here is my 1st attempt at an anyrail track plan for my next layout, OO guage L shape roughly 9 foot each side.

Lower left corner will be a wagon works. With DMU Sidings Stabling point and maintenance shed on the right hand side.

Phil

post-7144-0-81177700-1543342132.jpg

Edited by pendlerail

It looks very awkward to operate and difficult to make work scenically.   Too many kick backs  Running lines right at the back.   

Tracks crossing a baseboard joint at an angle and a nuisance to say the least.

For appearance I would curve the right hand storage sidings round to parallel the main line and avoid the ugly row of buffers at an angle to the tracks. I have that feature and it looks ugly though in my case it was that or lose a couple of wagon lengths in the reception sidings 

9 ft is enough for a reasonable minor town terminus in the Minories style and that along the back might be a good starting point.

I much prefer the idea of having two roads into the layout.  It allows one to perform one function, while the other performs an alternative.  An additional option would to have the back road and sidings slightly raised, giving different levels.

• Like 1