Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Sittingbourne station.

Paul_C

Can anybody remember details of this bridge from the late fifties/early sixties period? I've found a few photographs but in particular I'm trying to ascertain the colour scheme from that era. I have a photo from 1972 that shows the main part of the structure as green but I need to know what coloured the stairwell enclosures were as well as the interior. Any thoughts please.

Paul C. 

post-29343-0-31053200-1543421901_thumb.jpg

Paul

Remember train spotting at Sittingbourne when the bridge was still green. From memory I believe the inside reflected the same colours as the exterior but with a very dirty cream coloured ceiling. Stayed Green until about 1970ish.

Most people used the subway at the staion as it was nearer the booking hall. It was a particularly damp and smelly one.

Graham

Paul

Remember train spotting at Sittingbourne when the bridge was still green. From memory I believe the inside reflected the same colours as the exterior but with a very dirty cream coloured ceiling. Stayed Green until about 1970ish.

Most people used the subway at the staion as it was nearer the booking hall. It was a particularly damp and smelly one.

Graham

Graham,

When you say the inside mirrored the exterior would you say that the stairwells would have been cream tongue and groove or was the exterior wood panelling backed onto steel sheet? I know this is a big ask but the main thing is colour.

Paul.