Nailsea and District Model Railway Club Open Day 2018

AySea

I've not seen a topic for this show, although it is listed on the calendar, so with only two weeks to go, I thought I'd start one.

The below is copied from the Nailsea MRC website;

2018 sees the return of the Nailsea and District Model Railway Club Open Day to be held in Clevedon, North Somerset.

All the layouts and displays that appear at our biennial Open Day are owned and operated by club members. Some of these displays don’t usually leave home and while some are still under construction, the purpose of displaying them is to demonstrate the large range of interests that our members have.

It’s also a good opportunity to talk to some of our members and maybe consider joining the club yourself. We hope to see you there and that you enjoy your visit.

When – Saturday 15th December 2018, 10am to 4pm
Where – The Barn, Great Western Road, Clevedon, North Somerset, BS21 6HB

Ground floor with no known issues with disabled access
Free parking immediately outside the venue
Refreshments Available (Additional Charges Apply)

Admission Charges:
Adult – £3.00
Child (5 to 16) – £1.00

List of Layouts:
Cedar Gap – N scale – Doug Richards
GLB Bitterfeld – HO scale – Eric Bird
Morella Light Railway – OO-9 scale – Heather Hatch
New Mexico Railroad Museum – HO scale – Club layout
Paley Green – G Scale – Mike Brown
Pol Sands – 7mm scale – Ian Roll
Rowthorne – OO gauge – David Batstone
Shed 101 – OO gauge – Barry Larkin & Paul Lewis
Stanley Yard – N gauge – Adrian Croshaw
Wheal Nook – OO gauge – John Bristow

List of Traders:
Brian Tozer (formerly Modelmania)
Keith’s Bits & Pieces

List of Other Demonstrators and Stands:
Modelling Demonstration – David Burnett
Club Information Stand

• 2 weeks later...

Only a couple of days left now until the Nailsea and District Model Railway Club's Open Day show. There's a few photos being posted on the Club's Facebook page of some of the layouts that will be at the show this Saturday, so thought I'd share them here as well.

I don't have photos to hand of all of the layouts attending and some of them are works in progress, so there will still be something for people to look at despite these photos being posted.

The first photo shows the Morella Light Railway which was previously owned by Don Dickson (although originally built by H R Norman of Wimbledon Model Railway Club on an old tea tray). Don's daughter is now building a new version and all being well, both versions of the Morella Light Railway will be on show this Saturday.

morella-light-railway-01.jpg

New Mexico Railroad Museum is one of a few layouts owned by the Club (the only Club layout that will be at this show though. The rest of the layouts at this show are owned and operated by individual club members). This is a HO scale model featuring both standard and narrow gauge trains running in a mueum environment.

new-mexico-railroad-museum-01.jpg

In 7mm scale is Pol Sands which last had a public appearance at the Nailsea Club Open Day show in December 2016.

pol-sands-04.jpg

Rowthorne is based on a real location on the Derbyshire/Nottinghamshire border as it would have been in the 1960s.

Rowthorne-at-Weston-2015.jpg

Shed 101 depicts a British Rail depot with lights, sound and a number of prototype locos. There have been a number of changes and additions since I last saw this layout at the Nailsea Annual Exhibition in March 2017.

Shed-101-a.jpg

Stanley Yard is my own layout built in the top of a toolbox and this photo has already appeared on here in it's own thread, so some of you will have already seen this view of it recently. This will be it's first public appearance and is still a work in progress.

45084377064_aa4d6ac53d_c.jpg

I believe there's also meant to be a couple of other displays there that have been missed off of the listing in my first post. One is a work in progress HO American layout and there's also a second OO9 narrow gauge layout.

• 2 weeks later...

A basic report on this show from last week has now been posted on the club website with some photos. There's 32 photos in total if you click on the first image and click through them using the right arrow, but for some reason there's only 26 thumbnails displayed on the page. The report and photos can be found here; http://www.nailsea-district-mrc.co.uk/events/2018-open-day/

Here's a few photos of layouts that I didn't include in the pictures in my previous post;

Wheal Nook:

wheal-nook-02.jpg

Cedar Gap:

cedar-gap-01.jpg

CSM Junction: (This is a work in progress HO scale American layout not listed in the first post)

csm-junction-02.jpg

The Charm of the L&B: (This is a OO-9 layout not listed in the first post)

the-charm-of-the-lb-01.jpg

Paley Green Tramway:

paley-green-tramway-01.jpg