JackB95's Modern Image Workbench

JackB95

7 hours ago, JackB95 said:

Been nearly 4 months since my last update! Nothing much has happened, but the Bachmann Virgin 57 has now gained the Illuminated Models lighting kit to give it the correct marker lights. 

Unlike the Arriva one I did a year or two ago, I've decided to only wire up one end of the loco given it'll always be coupled, and it'll allow me to have reds on the 'front' when coupled and nothing on the inside. 

PXL_20240226_155948015.jpg.f8fb0e0021cddcaca2c1ee144a8736d0.jpg

PXL_20240226_160532296.jpg.aca5d1bcb1e03c25b57f2ddd883eb22d.jpg

It's a fiddly kit to fit, but worth it. Even if Illuminated took forever to send them out with zero comms 🙄

Good to sed you stil modelling well Jack🔧👌

• 1 month later...

My Bachmann XC Voyager returned to the workbench for a few minutes this morning to receive a subtle modification.

Track3D has yet again come up trumps with a 3D printed skirting piece to upgrade the Bachmann factory one to the newer Meridian style ones that the real Voyagers got around 10 years ago. Thankfully, they're offered in unpainted, XC brown and VT red! Result.

It's a very simple to fit them. I took the front bogie apart by unclipping it all, and took out the screw that holds in the skirt and deflector. The glue join between the skirt and deflector was snapped carefully. Under the light clusters, there's two small notches sticking out that need to be cut back (the white plastic shows in the photo). A very easy job with a knife, and then the new skirt can be glued in place (I used Glue n Glaze). The deflector squeezes back in with a bit of careful persuasion before screwing back in. Reassemble the bogie, and bosh!

image.png.dc4c0fc76a4d916fcbd2c69775559057.png

image.png.06f19f9c787901174cd3b4e73a59782b.png

The paint match is bloody close, and when you consider the real thing has a slight shade difference, it's no problem at all. The mastermind behind the product is working on transfers to compensate which'll be available very soon I'm told. These'll only be to replace like-for-like, so 220016 or 221135 on the XC versions and whatever Bachmann did for the VT ones.

Grab yours here for a very sensible price! Great to support small businesses etc.

• Like 2

This looks great mate! Time for me to put an order in for some Virgin ones for one of my 221’s (for variety). I would second the above for Track 3d! Chandler has some great products and is very clever / innovative for these lovely accessories. I have had great custom service from him too…

• Agree 1