Blog- Northall - High Street 8 – The final result

RSS Fetcher

I have finished my High Street diorama.

Not everything worked out the way I had hoped during building the shop and the cottages. I wasn’t happy with the roof section and the chimneys. The roofs didn’t go together as planned. As a solution I created a roof using Scalescenes slate roof textures. For the chimneys I used a brick texture from Smart Models. This textures comes closely to my painted brickwork.

For the shop window I used a blue paint from Petite Properties mixed with satin black from Vallejo. I created a shop window display using a kit from Langley.
Figures a from the excellent Andrew Stadden range.

The diorama is built for my mate (wife) as a diorama in the living room. So, I gave it a working street lamp. Because I like to build it time based there is no light visible in the cottages and the shop window. I have already a request from her to build some shops based in the late 1950’s style of Northall with lighted shop windows.

I have enjoyed building this diorama.

And of course, there is a little story behind the scene.
Mrs. Ann Cook is doing some Christmas shopping in High Street with her daughter Elizabeth. Elizabeth loves to look at the new hats in the shop window of Henry Prior’s tailor/milliner shop. The hats are made by Mr. Prior's daughter Isabel.

Comments and suggestions are welcome.

Kind regards,
Job

Attached thumbnail(s)
  • blogentry-11675-0-30122100-1544208983_th
  • blogentry-11675-0-44560300-1544209027_th
  • blogentry-11675-0-42577500-1544209118_th

View the full article