Blog- Dave Holt's Blog - Delph - Break in modelling [and arm!]

RSS Fetcher

Unfortunately, I will be taking a forced break from modelling for a few weeks, having broken my right arm, just below the shoulder joint, when I tripped and fell heavily on concrete, on Tuesday. Never to be recommended, but this does seam to be a particularly bad time to be incapacitated, what with the build up to Christmas and New Year.
Prior to my accident, I had progressed the Std 2 tank by fitting the cab glazing and adding coal to the bunker and had started to paint the [Modelu] crew members. Here's a dilemma with a push-pull fitted loco. Does one have both driver and fireman in the cab or just the fireman? It can only be right for one direction of travel, unless someone knows how to make the drive pop up/disappear dependent on whether pulling or pushing. The same issue applies to the driving trailer of the train.
Here are a couple of rather poor quality photos of the loco, one including part of a typical Delph push-pull train from the mid 1950's - ex-LNWR motor coaches in LMS or BR livery.

Dave.

Attached thumbnail(s)
  • blogentry-5663-0-53633700-1544803037_thu
  • blogentry-5663-0-76003100-1544803054_thu

View the full article