When did the Pembroke Coast Express become a HST?

Rhydgaled

I've (finally) been editing the footage I've collected of Intercity 125 trains west of Swansea (and the odd shot of the modern 'Pembroke Coast Express' further east) over the past few summers. Since the IC125s will no longer operate to Pembroke Dock, I would like to put one of those date ranges you see on memorial nameplates (eg. Driver Stan Martin 1950-2004) up on screen to mark the end of IC125s on the Pembroke Coast Express.

Unfortunately, I don't know when InterCity 125s took over the service from whatever came before (I assume class 47s, but that's just a guess). So, does anyone know when that happened?

I hope that the 'Pembroke Coast Express' name will live on with the new trains although, with the 9-car ones unable to fit in Carmarthen station it will unfortunately be a 'sardine midget' 5-car set. However if the name is dropped then I might do another video with a wider date range; I have plenty of footage of the IC125s, alot more than will appear in the video I'm working on at the moment, so that won't be a problem. However I don't know when the 'Pembroke Coast Express' name was first used either, other than it dates from the steam age.

Hope somebody can help.

• 2 weeks later...

There was no Pembroke Coast Epress in the 1970s. I knew the line from about 1972 to 1980 and there were no loco hauled trains on the Pembroke branch apart from summer services terminating at Tenby (from York??) and the occasional special.  The normal service was just Swindon Cross country 2 car DMUs, some terminating at Whitland, others through to Swansea. None of which was a named train

Tony