Goods Junction, Grimsby

Dave-5-5-7

I'm currently working on layout plans for Goods Junction in Grimsby. Now whilst it is a real location it closed in the early 1960s, and the line close to Passengers in 1970 and Freight in 1980. 
My layout is set in 1993. So whilst I could model the real location as it was in 1993, it'd be rather boring operational wise so my railway history is the line survived. Whilst the signal box closed in 1963, a new one was built with an N-X panel to facilitate a Stabling point and Royal Mail depot being opened on the site of the former freight sidings and being renamed "Moss Road" signal box.
I've also worked out I have enough room to include a representation of Grimsby Town station and Garden Street signal box. The tightness of the curve won't be an issue, as in the prototype it was checked railed all the way round. 

The plans are Garden Street will be a mechanical box, Moss Road will be an NX Panel based on the design found in Grimsby Pasture Street. It will require 2 operators, however can be operated by 1, methods of signalling include Tokenless Block from Moss Road to Pasture Street, Absolute block to North Thoresby and Track Circuit Block with Describers to Garden Street. 

ATB 
5-5-7 
73s
Dave 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 19/02/2019 at 17:32, MarshLane said:

Any process Dave?

A little, in paper. I spent a week in hospital at the end of January, then have been on very light duties since until having surgery last week. Hopefully I'll be firing on all cylinders before the end of the month. 

I have been working on the electrics side and the two panels, the signal box and the drivers "desk", which is basically where the isolator switches are. 

The baseboards are on for this section, this area forms the east half of the station, Garden Street Junction and Moss Street Stabling Point. 

IMG_20190224_132134.jpg

IMG_20190225_135521.jpg

IMG_20190225_135528.jpg

IMG_20190302_184427.jpg

IMG_20190303_183040.jpg

drivers map.png

goods panel 5.png

• RMweb Gold

Hi Dave,

Sorry to year you’ve been in hospital, hope the surgery went well and your on the mend. Layout seems to be coming on and very impressed with the signalling diagrams! Following with interest.

Rich