100ohm thin speaker ?

40034_Nick

There was also  pair of 18mm 50 ohm speakers available with sound chambers. Wired in series, they would do the job. I have such a pair intended for a class 20, but never used them in the end.

I believe 100 ohm speakers are still available, but the choice of sizes is limited. I would like to get a 100 ohm 'sugar cube' speaker for use with a v3.5 myself, but as far as I can ascertain, no such thing exists.

There is the old ESU speaker which Bachmann used to fit to their sound-fitted 20's.  Flattish, rectangular, without a sounding box (so you have to fabricate something yourself). 

I imagine some stockists will still have a few left. 

I forgot to mention that i already have the "High pitched sound" Bachmann speakers in them already.. 

I forgot to mention that i already have the "High pitched sound" Bachmann speakers in them already.. 

1 - change the sound project.  I have a Howes one, much better than Bachmann's.  There may be others which are also good available for the v3.5.

2 - build a sound box around the speaker using a mix of plasticard, flexible sealants, black-tac, and the like. 

3 - move the speaker to the body, and build a box against the bodywork, that may be easier to seal than the default location on the Bachmann chassis, but makes the wiring a bit messier. 

4 - see if anyone will do a trade-in of the old decoder for a new V4, then you've a better range of options.

DC kits still have 3 different sizes of 100 Ohms speakers available.  PM Charlie on  charlie@dckits.co.uk

Hey Charlie.. Firstly cheers for the Derby unit decoder ;-)

I can only find one 100 Ohm speaker on the site and that deffo dont fit in a 20..