Blog- kyle of lochalsh - Kyle - The Skye’s the limit...

RSS Fetcher

Evening all and a very Happy Christmas to you,

Have been chipping away at progress and almost ready to start scenic repairs again.

The second turnout was installed in position yesterday having first gapped it, cleaned with Vim and then sprayed with a coat of primer...as before sky blue was all I had at hand :rolleyes:

One thing you will note is the backscene and also the ramp/bridge have been removed now. This was twofold, firstly the bridge railing was getting damaged and secondly the tie bar was sitting right beneath it so installation of the turnout aligning with two diverging roads at one end and the traverser board was difficult :no:

They have been set aside for repairs and reinstallation. The turnout was added, new wires added where necessary and the wire in tube has been replaced with new run partly as it fell in the next sleeper bay. Once levelled and aligned using work business card slithers, it was attached with superglue.

This morning I got to run a few tests with the locos and most locos run through a lot smoother now including to the siding at the front. It looked a bit loco heavy at Kyle this morning during testing :swoon:

The wiring despite being simplified to DCC now is still a bit complicated for my liking involving lots of chocolate box connectors and 4/5 wires streaming from them :no:...before I tackle the scenics I might just take a look again at this with fresh eyes and see if I can install some busbars.

Overall, a lot happier now and hope to do some more over the festive period.

A couple of pics from earlier and vids if I uploaded correctly...

Best wishes to you,

Pete

Attached thumbnail(s)
  • blogentry-3290-0-64917200-1545685347_thu
  • blogentry-3290-0-81506500-1545685372_thu
  • blogentry-3290-0-89873800-1545685403_thu

View the full article