Keighley

AMJ

Had a day out at Embsay and then a ride on the KWVR yesterday.  En route to Ingrow West (one of my preferred parking spots) saw signs for a model railway show.  On the station there was a poster for open day at the Keighley Model Railway club in the nearby mill.

After riding behind the Std 2 78022 2-6-0 in its nice new BR green livery went back along the road t'mill (yes I know that none of them were painted like this but it looks right as its similar to the Ivatt 2)

looked to be about 14 layouts operating and met with a few people I know.  Plenty of O scale, On30 Redwood, HO USA, OO Shipley, N USA, multi-gauge circular test track Minnories 3 rail Hornby OO to name but a few.  Test track reminded me of Fr Ted near far sketch as N was the inner loop and O and G outer...

Did anyone else go?  It was a great little one day opening which the poster intimated is probably an annual day.

post-9134-0-32492800-1546252811.jpg

I went with Ruston, first one I'd been to.  Really enjoyed the day out - and the food was EXCELLENT.  Cakes, sarnies, cakes, apple and pear crumble (with real custard), cakes, trifle, cakes, shepherd's pie and cakes.

The layouts were good too.

Next one is in the Spring*.  I might force myself to go along.

And have some cake.................

*Edit - April 28th I believe.

Edited by 5050