Hearns Hobbies Melbourne

G-BOAF

This is one for the Aussies on the forum

I'm shortly heading for a brief work-related visit to Australia, and to continue with past traditions, I intend to pop in to Hearns Hobbies on Flinders St. Melbourne.

Its just what a model shop shoul be and is one of my favourites - knowledgeable and talkative staff, just a shame its about as far from local as it could be! (though the stupidly weak pound will limit my purchasing power in a big way!)

However their website has disappeared...

So, can anyone update me on their position?

Thanks

Alpha Fox

Still under Flinders St station. Sorry couldn't resist.

Was still open the last time I popped in for a look, a couple of months ago, but prices still too highm prefer to make my purchases online to the UK, and current Aussie dollar improvement is making things better all the time.

Still under Flinders St station. Sorry couldn't resist.

Was still open the last time I popped in for a look, a couple of months ago, but prices still too highm prefer to make my purchases online to the UK, and current Aussie dollar improvement is making things better all the time.

Thanks for that!

Yep, the prices are a bit high, especially for rolling stock, but they did sell me an Aussie Scotsman at a price that undercut some of the UK boxshifters (but that was at AUD 2 per GBP).

Me thinks I'll try to track down a couple of the Bachmann BR Vent vans, in the interests of 'supporting your "local" model shop' :-)!!

Archived