A Tin Turtle for Calshot

Guest 009matt

Guest 009matt

SouthernRegionSteam asked me to build hima Tin Turtle for his Calshot model, well here it is ij full technicolour, powered by a caramel chassis, all done in plasticard, with some brass tube as an exhaust

DSC_0155.jpg

DSC_0156.jpg

DSC_0157.jpg

DSC_0158.jpg

I hope he enjoys it at the Woodgreen ex next saturday

Matt

• RMweb Gold

This thread slipped under the radar! A great job Matt, how on earth did you do the rivets?! cool.gif

Certainly have a much steadier hand than me, were the numbers hand painted? I will look forward to seeing it next weekend!

Calshot, in one form or another, will be attending the exhibition, alls profits raised going to two charities.

Many thanks!

Jam cool.gif

[shameless plug] Woodgreen Model Show is next weekend in the village hall - Saturday 1st [10am - 5pm] , Sunday 2nd [10am - 5pm] and Monday 3rd of May [10am - 3pm]. [/shameless plug] Please note: This is the Woodgreen in Hampshire, not Wood Green in London! Why not pop down for a couple hours, or make a day of it and explore the New Forest.

Guest 009matt

Rivets are done with a scribe point pushed gently into 5 thou plasticard as overlays.

I need to have another go at the numbers as they look a little wonky, but yes, handpainted

• RMweb Gold

Brilliant stuff, there are a few prototype photos on the net should you need them (but I bet you've already looked for some already).

I'll have to get some couplings so I can run it with something wink.gif

Oh yeah, and a layout to run them on! I'll see if I can build some boards today of the maximum size available and go from there and have the layout as a work in progress.

[shameless plug] Woodgreen Model Show is next weekend in the village hall - Saturday 1st [10am - 5pm] , Sunday 2nd [10am - 5pm] and Monday 3rd of May [10am - 3pm]. [/shameless plug

Forgot to put it on the calendar this year?

See you Saturday with the Turtle!

• RMweb Gold

Forgot to put it on the calendar this year?

See you Saturday with the Turtle!

Indeed - Dad still hasn't given me the go ahead to advertise it on here! Hopefully next year I'll be able to get more involved.

Looking forward to seeing you (and the Turtle wink.gif)

Coursework deadline tomorrow, plus I've got to quickly spruce up Calshot and make a slideshow presentation for it.

Archived