Blog- Ullypug's tales from the tinking table - Ivatt 2MT tank in P4 - part 3 Bodywork

RSS Fetcher

Happy New Year to you all. I'm not sure how long we're all supposed to keep saying that but as its my first blog of 2019, I will.
This time of year is always slightly frugal when it comes to modelling as both the Mrs and myself have birthdays in the first half of the month and being the big 5-0 we spent last weekend in Barcelona, which was nice.
Anyhow, the Ivatt chassis has been wired, a substantial amount of lead glued into the body and pick ups added. Happily, it trundles quite satisfactorily up and down the test track. I've sprung the two pony trucks and added centring springs from guitar wire. I've added some crude representations of the control springs from 8BA studding. The steps and sandboxes have been fixed and I've started on the body work detailing. The smokebox dart and lubricators are from Comet. I've started on the plethora of oiling/ lubricating pipes and we'll see how far I get before I reach my 'that'll do' point. Probably not as far as you would Dave!
Balance weights still to add and I'm going to need a pair of injectors, but as my cousin’s ruby wedding next weekend in Wakefield conveniently coincides with the Pontefract show, I'll have a rummage through the Wizard models stand. The loco is going to be 41245, as I've a few photos of it on the Cheddar valley line.
I couldn't resist putting a Hornby Collett coach alongside to check the buffer height (splendidly bang on). Not far to go now!

Attached thumbnail(s)
  • blogentry-6673-0-38947300-1548022431_thu
  • blogentry-6673-0-84074800-1548022448_thu

View the full article