Wellow in its final years

On 30-June-1964 the ground-frame at Wellow was taken out of use, along with the sidings and west crossover. I am trying to establish whether, at any later date, the Down Starting (16) or Down Advanced Starting (15) signal may have been abolished as a result?

Photos looking towards Radstock from the station seem fairly rare, especially for the 1964-66 period - probably 'cos there was not much to see then at that end! Does anyone know of any that might show the relevant locations please? The DAS in particular was some distance away and rarely photographed anyway.

On 30-June-1964 the ground-frame at Wellow was taken out of use, along with the sidings and west crossover. I am trying to establish whether, at any later date, the Down Starting (16) or Down Advanced Starting (15) signal may have been abolished as a result?

Photos looking towards Radstock from the station seem fairly rare, especially for the 1964-66 period - probably 'cos there was not much to see then at that end! Does anyone know of any that might show the relevant locations please? The DAS in particular was some distance away and rarely photographed anyway.

Well, I've managed to answer my own question :-) 'cos I've since found an Ivo Peters photo taken on the 5th March 1966 which actually shows the rear of both signals ! 

But more views of the DAS would be welcome anyway, especially from the front,  and also any of the Up Distant please and the Up Advanced Starting.

Edited by RailWest