The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Thoroughly disillusioned with online shopping

ejstubbs

As an HGV Driver I had an Agency job once which was to collect a trailer from an Amazon warehouse in London. Of all the staff I encountered, it seemed like only the fork-lift driver could speak English.

Go figure....

No I don't buy anything from Amazon either. Ebay is ok although I mostly avoid anything that comes from China - even if it says it is shipped in the UK, often the business address is in China.

• RMweb Premium

Had a letter from Tesco bank informing us that for online shopping security they are introducing passwords via mobile phone text.

At present, there is a password system that comes up and asks for 3 different characters from your password to verify you are you. This doesn't happen every transaction ATM

They don't say what you do if you don't have a mobile, or if the current system is still valid and will work as it does now. Or if you'll only get a code by text each time every time.

Whilst this is perhaps a better security system, it's going to exclude a lot of people who don't have a mobile, or have it handy and charged.

Of course, the customer is king unless it suits otherwise.

Rob

Edited by mezzoman253
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, mezzoman253 said:

Had a letter from Tesco bank informing us that for online shopping security they are introducing passwords via mobile phone text.

Whilst this is perhaps a better security system...

Debatable: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SIM_swap_scam - Googling will uncover many sorry tales of such scams, a goodly proportion of which seem to have required minimal if any actual "social engineering" to persuade the mobile network provider to issue a replacement SIM.

• Informative/Useful 1