RMweb

Idiot hazed his windows

• RMweb Gold

A trip to the shops has failed to turn up either Evostick or any form of Johnson's Klear, whatever formula.  If the current formula Klear is capable of restoring the clarity to fogged plastiglaze that is useful to know and I'll still buy some when I run across it, but we are talking about clearing a residue formed by airborne particles released by drying cyanoacrylinate glue here, not the same as restoring a  degraded plastic surface.  It has to be removed without damaging the plastic surface. as of course scratching that, inevitable with most polish, is counterproductive as you still end up with a window you can't see through; the technique might be useful for producing windows for toilet or kitchen compartments, though.

• RMweb Gold

Current situation is that the glazing has been replaced and I am reassembling the bodyshell as a single unit (as the instructions recommend).  We currently have a side/end/roof assembly with the glue going off, to be completed with the other side and end later tonight or tomorrow.  Can't find Evostik anywhere and I'm using Bostik, mainly because I can find that...

So, by tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest depending on how long the Bostik takes to go off to my satisfaction, we should have something that looks like a badly built coach.  This will be worked on in terms of filling, making good, touching up, and so on until I'm happy that it doesn't look any worse than it has to, and we can get on with topcoating the roof and the doorknobs and handrails to finish the project.  It is possible that the Hornby Collett Suburbans will beat this coach into service!

I have a feeling of being back on track with this project now.