Bachmann class 350 lights

danners430

Morning folks,

Was wondering if anyone knew how the lighting on the Bachmann 350s operated? I know they are all controlled by the decoder in the "motor coach" through the conductive couplings, but does anyone know the specifics of how this is achieved?

Reason I ask is I've fitted a LokSound v4, and am wanting to reprogram it to allow slightly different lighting configurations - namely persistent tail lighting when F0 is off, ideal for when the unit is stabled or at a terminus platform, with the headlights being turned on with F0 dependent on direction. In theory this should be possible, even if it necessitates extra wiring (easy done).

Cheers in advance!

You will need to do a bit of rewiring since F0f is headlight at one end and tail light at the other, with F0r being the reverse. I am not familiar with how to reprogram the ESU decoders, but I suspect you should be able to move the tail lights to F1 and F2 (green and purple) and get the decoder to do as you wish. I know that a Zimo will do it...

Aye, that's the plan.... Only question is whether it's a difficult procedure - hoping it's not a case of cutting traces on the circuit board :D

I'm guessing then that the head & tail lights are simply paired at each end, wired at opposing polarities? Would complicate the wiring a little more, but not overly...