Little Meadow Lane, GWR in a boxfile Now Scrapped

Hi Everyone.

Welcome to Little Meadow lane, a fictitious gwr layout in a boxfile, it's not going to be exact gwr but gwr themed.

After purchasing a gwr 4 wheel coach and a gwr open wagon very cheap at a car boot sale and finding my other little collection of gwr stuff I thought I need a little layout for it.

It's basically a small station and small goods yard.

It's still in the early planning stages but I'm settling on one of two designs.

More soon.

Jerry.

Edited by Jerry1975
Name change
  • Like 1

Interested to hear more Jerry. I like the name. Am already dreaming up views of a tiny halt, set in some beautiful countryside....
So do tell more, when you've settled on your chosen plan. Or better still..... share both plans with us all, and we can contribute our thoughts :)
Good luck with it

• Friendly/supportive 1

• Jerry1975 changed the title to Little Meadow Lane, GWR in a boxfile
1 hour ago, Lochnagar said:

Another Meadow Lane!

Changed name!

2 hours ago, marc smith said:

Interested to hear more Jerry. I like the name. Am already dreaming up views of a tiny halt, set in some beautiful countryside....
So do tell more, when you've settled on your chosen plan. Or better still..... share both plans with us all, and we can contribute our thoughts :)
Good luck with it

Thanks Mark,

First thought was a small terminus station, small station building in low releif, small signal box on platform and a couple of small sidings/yard.

Second thoughts are Small Halt platform, small signal box and a couple of small sidings.

Both would be set in a country setting, remote little village sort of thing.

Jerry.

• Like 2

Thanks Ivor.

Track laying is finished now and my thoughts are turning to the station, I don't think I will have a Halt station as I don't think many terminus halts ( if any ) had sidings ( I maybe wrong ).

I'm thinking low relief station building and the platform will follow the angle of the track, with trees and a path behind.

More soon.

Jerry.

• Like 3

Hi Everyone.

Just a quick update of the layout, track laying is complete and now I'm positioning things to see how they look.

Here are a couple of photos:

WP_20190403_001.jpg.77cc0712b2daaaa8bbfb40cbc527a5a0.jpg

WP_20190403_002.jpg.88c26ca2c9c9887fe5c0d08f5195e8ab.jpg

Still a lot to do, I'm not sure if the platform shelter is correct for the GWR but I'm trying to use bits out of the spares box, I might swap it for a pagoda building.

More soon.

Jerry.

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

This diminutive layout already has a good air to it; the shelter is definitely correct for GWR, as it's a model of the one at Arley on the SVR! I think it would look fantastic with a matching brick hut, but if you're not keen maybe something similar to Hayles Abbey Halt on the GWSR rather than a pagoda? And if there's a stand-alone water crane, there should be a water tank somewhere around...

I was also thinking about the "ending" on the left of the layout; perhaps a level crossing gate across the platform road would look good, and keep open the option of expansion later. Wherever this box goes, it should be interesting!

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Thanks Ivor and TechnicArrow for your replies and kind words.

I like the idea of level crossing gates at the end of the platform road, I may consider a small hut too.

The water crane was me just trying out ideas and I may not go with it yet.

I'm trying to capture the feel of the gwr, I'm going to paint the track next and then make the platform.

More soon.

Jerry.

• Like 1