Hi folks. 

I developed a 3D-printed ringfield motor for my own Lima locos back in the first half of 2018 and put up a video about the on my YouTube channel. After receiving a number of requests for me to make them available for others, I decided to set up a website and shop, and make some available. 

The adaptor kits make the process of converting the ringfield motor and upgrading to a CD drive motor all-but plug and play. Aligning the shaft and gears is straightforward and the adaptor negates the need for glue. In the case of the Lima kits, the conversion process is also completely reversible. 

You can see the installation steps in a range of videos here on my YouTube channel

Depending on the kit, they either come with 6v motors (which it's recommended you use a diode voltage dropper with or use cv5 tweaking) or 12v motors (which are good to go). I also provide full, detailed instructions and I'm always happy to help with any queries via email. 

If you're interested, you can find the adaptors here: www.strathpefferjunction.com/ringfieldadaptors

Many thanks indeed. 

David 

Lima-Class-08-Ringfield-Motor-Adaptor-Advert-1.png

Edited by StrathpefferJunction
Corrected title and keywords
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• 10 months later...

Just a wee update...

To keep in my existing range of Lima motor kits company, I have now designed some simple to use ringfield motor upgrade adaptors for Hornby, which can fit 6v or 12v CD motors (depending on the model). They're dead easy to use and depending on the kit can negate the need to irreversibly drill out the bogie, as is required for the 'hot glue' approach. 

I have also just released a couple of brand new O Gauge Lima motor upgrade adaptors, allowing for the fitting of a chunky 18mm motor. These are my most straightforward to use ringfield adaptor yet, and make breathing new life into an old Lima O gauge Class, diesel shunter or SNCF BB 67000 an absolute doddle!

You can grab kits from my eBay listing or via my website. Just search for 'Strathpeffer Junction O Gauge Kits'.

Any questions? I'm always happy to help!

Thank you :)

Lima O Gauge Class 33 & Diesel Shunter Motor Upgrade CD Motor Conversion Kit.png

Lima O Gauge Class 33 & Diesel Shunter Motor Upgrade CD Motor Conversion Kit - Components 2.png

Edited by StrathpefferJunction
  • Like 3

I've also just produced a weight upgrade kit for Flangeway's wonderful (other than being too light!) independent snowplough models. I've got four of these ploughs myself and I love them, but they have a tendency to jump points and come of on tighter curves.

I've got an unassembled kit, which you can add your own choice/amount of ballast to, or a pre-made weights kit with around 70g of lead shot sealed inside. The main weight is a like-for-like replacement for the stock weight and the smaller front weight screws under the front fixing screw to get more weight over the front axle. 

In my own experience, these weights vastly improve the running performance of the Flangeway plough, particularly in push/shunting mode.

Many thanks :)

Flangeway Weight Upgrade Kit (Pre-Assembled) - Front Weight - Plain.png

Flangeway Weight Upgrade Kit (Unassembled) 1.png

• Like 2