Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How much work to run a site like this?

• RMweb Gold

RMweb currently has about 790,000 topic posts (Old and New RMweb combined), plus about 3,000 blog entries and 7,000 blog comments. About 800,000 posts all told.

Another board of similar size hosted on Jim's Data 1 servers has been running for about 5 years and passed the 1 million posts mark a couple of hours ago.

The owner Steve Saunders recently posted a detailed breakdown of the work involved in running a board of this size. I don't know how much of this Andy will recognise, but it sure makes interesting reading:

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/view_post.php?post_id=1002756

So congratulations to Steve. How long until RMweb hits the million mark? :)

Martin.

I don't know how much of this Andy will recognise,

Far too much of it Martin!   :lol:

Well done to Steve, magnificent achievement.

I can certainly relate to 10+ emails per day pertaining to I can't login/I've lost my password/Who am I again?

Instead of Goldwing tech advice I get emails from relatives with a recently departed who find their attic is stuffed with 'valuable collectable items'; they don't know what they are but they must be valuable.

I get a certain number of correspondents who think that the way to ask a question on the site is to email me.

Some people still don't read the "Do not reply to this email" message on PM notifications; instead they send it to me.

That's before I get to PMs.

I've managed to make a major dent in my PMs this week despite it being a very busy week..

PM.jpg

178 inbound; 249 outbound with a net reduction of 33 to get to the above appalling state of affairs.

Thankfully we don't have to as much for on-site spammers as that pretty much takes care of itself. 

I bet he doesn't get time to work on his bike either!

Archived