South Western Pottery industrial line in Poole

Guest Jack Benson

• 2 weeks later...

In the Middleton Press "South Coast Railways - Bournemouth to Weymouth", in the Branksome section, there is a fascinating photograph of the pottery siding being worked by LMS 2P 4-4-0 No, 40563 entering the double track section near Cardigan Road sometime in 1961. Usually it was a B4 0-4-0T.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Can't give you a date but there was a good Plan of the Month in RM based on this (probably about 17 years ago).

Edit: Sorry, I got confused. It was Salterns that was the subject of the RM article.

Edited by Joseph_Pestell
Correction

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, geoffers said:

In the Middleton Press "South Coast Railways - Bournemouth to Weymouth", in the Branksome section, there is a fascinating photograph of the pottery siding being worked by LMS 2P 4-4-0 No, 40563 entering the double track section near Cardigan Road sometime in 1961. Usually it was a B4 0-4-0T.

There were pottery sidings near Branksome (covered in the top part of the page linked to in the OP), but this thread is about the line and works from Parkstone to Saltern's Pier, as far as I can ascertain. Most of the linked to page is about the Parkstone location.

Edited by Ian J.

Guest Jack Benson
On 11/06/2019 at 15:14, Joseph_Pestell said:

Can't give you a date but there was a good Plan of the Month in RM based on this (probably about 17 years ago).

Edit: Sorry, I got confused. It was Salterns that was the subject of the RM article.

Hi Joseph,

The RM article was spread over two issues February+March 2001, one featured a good drawing of Parkstone goods shed and track plan of the interchange on the down side of Parkstone.

Another source is Irwell Press Byways Annual# 2

Parkstone1_1600.jpg.05358849a50ec7cc7a48df361f4e04d7.jpg

Cheers

Jack

Edited by Jack Benson
Missing information

• 2 years later...
Guest Jack Benson

Two years later and I finally found the two RM’s. 

This is our Peckett, the name and works plates will be fitted tomorrow.

spacer.png

A set of brass castings from RT models is also waiting to be fitted together with two Modellu figures.

StaySafe