"Under the weather" (part three)

The most recent (and last) of my fleet of BR diesels to have received "the weathering treatment", my Bachmann class 03. Next up will be my Hornby J94 and two "pugs", though this will be probably not be done until the end of next week, as perhaps not too surprisingly in view of the amount of weathering work done so far, I've ran out of Humbrol matt acrylic varnish, therefore I need to order some more early next week from Humbrol. So watch this space then for the next weathered additions ....

Bachmann 03.JPG

Bachmann 031.JPG

• Like 2

@ saxokid  - yes, it does look as if it's "done the rounds" as it were! I have to say I'm quite pleased with the way it's turned out after undergoing "treatment", I think it looks far better this way, particularly as I tend to model industrial-type scenes/areas .... :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Andrew Cockburn said:

@ saxokid  - yes, it does look as if it's "done the rounds" as it were! I have to say I'm quite pleased with the way it's turned out after undergoing "treatment", I think it looks far better this way, particularly as I tend to model industrial-type scenes/areas .... :)

Yer great work here,realy looks the part now...

@ saxokid - thanks for that. Yes, I feel that the little 03 really does look more like what it was intended for now it's undergone a "weathering job", plus its more in keeping with my preferred theme, ie industrial shunting. For I came to the conclusion that my locos and wagons looked a bit silly on my grimy, weathered, worn-down industrial layouts, hence the rather bold decision to weather them all. I must admit, I was a bit apprehensive at first, for I'd never before used weathering powders, only a pot of Humbrol matt black paint, with which I covered locos and wagons, and then wiped off with a bit of kitchen roll or tissue. However, I did a bit of reading up on the matter, watched one or two videos on Youtube, which made me a bit more confident, and having now "taken the plunge" am rather happy with the result!:)