Model Railway Solutions, Poole

On 08/06/2019 at 23:25, Peter Kazmierczak said:

Was visiting the Dorset Scrapstore this lunchtime and noticed that Model Railway Solutions (next door) was closed.

Is this firm still trading or was I just unlucky that they weren't open on a Saturday?

Peter, the shop is open on Saturdays from 10 am to 4 pm ( 9.30 to 5 Mon to Fri) and was definitely open on June 8th .

I know because I was helping out on what is usually a busy day. Incidentally, MRS do attend exhibitions with their own trade

stand and as operators on the layouts with which they are involved, New Kensal Green and B'm'th West - however the shop 

has, and will, always remain open on these occasions. Hope this clears up any misunderstanding.

Chris Knight

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Peter Kazmierczak said:

Thanks Chris; that's good to hear.

Maybe I was looking at the wrong property  - there was a blue roller-shutter door (which was down) beneath the shop sign. Was I looking at the wrong door?

The door is immediately to the right of that. Unfortunately it's not an obvious entrance, probably because it's not in an obvious shop location.

13 hours ago, Ian J. said:

The door is immediately to the right of that. Unfortunately it's not an obvious entrance, probably because it's not in an obvious shop location.

Yes I agree Ian, it is a little confusing, although in good weather the door is usually propped open.

The good news is that Steve and Martin have acquired the larger premises to the right and are currently refurbishing to expand the shop side

of the business resulting in a doubling (at least) of the retailing space. A new shop entrance will be incorporated right in front of the ample car

parking.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

• 3 weeks later...

stupid question...whereabouts in Poole is this we do visit Poole from time to time

(I ve been coming to Poole virtually all my life 55 yrs Poole park probably played a part in my love of trains parents would take us round the pottery.  The original shed )

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Foulounoux said:

stupid question...whereabouts in Poole is this we do visit Poole from time to time

(I ve been coming to Poole virtually all my life 55 yrs Poole park probably played a part in my love of trains parents would take us round the pottery.  The original shed )

It's on an industrial estate, strangely accessed through a housing estate, on the north side of Poole. Easy access if you have the map and no problems with parking.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

It's on what is now called 'Alder Hills', on what used to be part of Alder Road, until they built the Sainsburys and rerouted Alder Road a 'bit'. It's actually North of Branksome Station, so almost in North Bournemouth (and only a few minutes walk for me).

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@50.7404944,-1.9134646,17.25z

Edited by Ian J.
North
  • Thanks 1