Ace Products 7mm Maunsell Q Class 0-6-0 Locomotive Kit

I'm looking for guidance, from anyone that has built one of the kits indicated in the thread title. I know from various comments I have read, on some of the Ace Products kits, that their accuracy and ease of build can be quite variable, to say the least. However, I have heard favourable comments of some of the kits in the range. I also understand that the Maunsell Q class was formerly a DJB kit, which it seems had a fairly good reputation.

As I am contemplating purchasing a Q class from Ace Products, I would be extremely grateful for any input from anyone who has built such a kit, and also whether anyone can confirm that the Ace kit has it's origins with DJB.

Many thanks, in advance for your help and guidance in this matter.

Davey

Edited by Davey

• 4 years later...

Hi Davey

I purchased a 7mm DJB Q Class kit from Ace Products about a year and a half ago it looked a bit involved to me as it had quite a lot of parts as I have only built a 0-4-0t loco so far so a builder called Nick Dunhill has the kit to build for me in about two months from now I have had him build locos for me before my two LSWR/SR O2s are on his Flikr pages they were painted by Warren Haywood I will get feed back from him after he has had a look/started the kit and let you know if this helps.

Regards,

Paul.   

• Thanks 1