Loksound v5 - lokprogrammer issues

I got my first Loksound v5 last weekend - LMB class 90, pre installed in the loco. It works fine on my layout but when i went to look at it on the Lokprogrammer it doesn't work as my v4 loksounds have.

Driver's cab is ok controlling loco. I've Read Decoder Data and it seems ok (although other decoders have had more info naming soundslots' but that maybe the way Bif has done it this time), but it took over 30mins to do this.

The main issues are that it wont up grade the firmware 5.0.67 to 5.0.78. Not sure what differences this would make any.

Also it won't Read Decoder info as shown in image. Normally i'd expect to see serial number and firmware version but apart from manufacturer and CV7 + 8 nothing is filling. I like to save this info in case of future problems.

Is there anything obvious i'm missing, or do v5 not act the same way as v4?

image.png.0f78aa5b2e0399ed60ca6739b1a78686.png

The difference is that the V5 can be read and written 4 times faster.

This requires a very good and stable connection between LokProgrammer and decoder.

Means just a short cable between LoPro and programming track, clean wheels and pickups (the coating or blueing of the wheels should already be worn), NOT using a rolling road and NO disturbing electronical parts on the loco's circuit board.

Eventually the V5 should be taken out of the loco and be programmed on a decoder tester in order to avoid any influence from the loco's circuit board.

Sometimes it is an advantage to operate the LokProgrammer at a higher voltage, the delivered power supply is not always sufficient, I recommend 19 volts. 

Eventually it helps if you switch off the fast programming mode:

Go to "Tools --> Program settings --> LokProgrammer" and uncheck the box for the fast mode. Close the program and start again.

Worth a try.

Also check if decoder lock is off (CVs 15 & 16 should be both zero).

Wolf

• Thanks 1