Recommendation list for Continental retailers

NGT6 1315

• RMweb Premium

Hello,

I believe it was on Old RMweb where I once posted links to several Continental retailers which I could recommend - so I figured I should put an updated list of those I've been doing business with over the past several months on here. Of course, all of you who also are into Continental models and may have recommendations of your own can post these here as well!

So, here goes - I'll split them into German- and non-German based companies, with no particular order so as to not imply any "ranking".

The following are German retailers:

Wilhelm Schmidt - located in Wissen, which is roughly between Bonn and Siegen - friendly, good range of products, mostly well-stocked and decently priced.

Lokstüberl - based at Weichering, not too far from Munich - very good one-man enterprise, very helpful and well priced.

Pürner - in Wiesau in northeastern Bavaria and not too far from the Czech border. Very good range of products, prices in the green, very helpful; you may, however, have to wait a couple of days for replies to your e-mails which they state they usually work only in the evenings or on weekends.

Herrmann Modellbahnen - in good old Leipzig ;) - nice store and very friendly, and they also do mail orders, as all the others from this list here.

Dirk Bertram - no web site here; also from Leipzig and an equally nice and well stocked shop, just like the old days. They do have an e-mail address, though, which I can give you via PM if you're interested.

For non-German retailers, I could recommend these:

Wemoba - Swiss company from Pieterlen, which is between Berne and Biel - the owner being something like an original, as I was once told by a fellow modeller. Very helpful and friendly, well stocked, and prices are good, even considering the generally higher price level of Switzerland.

Train Modélisme - based at Néons-sur-Creuse due east of Châtellerault - friendly and helpful and a good range of French products (obviously ;) ).

Hobby-Trains - from Voisins-le-Bretonneux near Paris - well stocked, helpful and an equally good range of French stuff.

Hope this might be of help to some of you :) .

Archived