Bulleid diesel whistle

FSB

Have a Kernow Bulleid diesel loco 10203. I read that they originally had a chime whistle. This presumably would have been air operated, so does anyone know or have reference to how this sounded. I did see these locos as a kid but do not remember their horns. We know that some steam locos had chime whistles particularly the A4 and Britannia for instance but they both sounded very different to each other. A whistle driven by air would sound much less vibrant, I would guess. I originally thought they would be similar to the air whistle as on the Thumper DMU. Does antone know? FSB

As there was an oil fired water boiler for heating it could well have been steam.

The sanders were pneumatic but the train brakes were vacuum according to internet data.

These diesels used an air whistle very similar to that used on all of the electric units and DEMUs until they were gradually replaced on most from the early to mid 1960s, although I don't think the Bulleid diesels ever lost their whistles. 

Legomanbiffo's sounds for the Kernow model do feature the air whistle, although I didn't like the engine sounds and had Bif put class 40 engine sounds while retaining the Southern whistle and compressor sounds. I know the turbo charger whistle from the 40 is probably too prominent, but I preferred this to the original supplied sounds. I did a 'cab ride' video around my layout with Kernow's 10201 but I never used the whistle in that video. However, Bif's sound files for the class 71 electrics also feature the air whistle, and my video below demonstrates this right at the beginning.