NEW C&L CODE 75 BULLHEAD FLEXITRACK OO 60 FOOT TRACK PANELS SELF ASSEMBLY WITH HI Hn Nickle Silver Rail

dube

Anyone have any experience this new track base looks like its supplied in 2 30ft lenghts, with 24 sleepers / 60ft and wider end sleepers and a choice of key direction.

Same height as the new peco Bullhead points ?

How does the HiNi Nickle Silver Rail compare better traction ? looks more silver ?

Easy to Solder ? was thinking of using it with Palatine Models Rail Droppers

Edited by dube

I assume you are talking about the New C&L 00 gauge track base, I have only seen the pre-production 3D printed and the test shots from the injection moulded process. In my opinion owing to the detail of the keys its the best ready to lay 00 gauge track base available

716.jpeg.642f0c364f7e15b42e657eec63b38272.jpeg Whilst the paper print is for the proposed P4 version, the two track bases are the test shots,

715.jpeg.ba938917a21fd3a9b02729343e6ff5c3.jpeg

Again the print is for the proposed P4 Version, it is derived from the original 00 gauge artwork. The sleepers are 1.5 mm thick with a chair and rail height of 3 mm. The total height from the sleeper base to the rail top is 4.5 mm

HiNi rail has a colour much less yellow that standard nickle silver rail, just as easy to solder as standard NS rail, HiNi rail has been used for years and no complaints for either traction or soldering ability. Like all metals just use the correct flux and solder. As for the plastic used for the track base,  again its the same that has been used successfully for years, but thicker to match the thicker sleepers/timbers/track bases by C&L, Exactoscale and Peco

I will see if Phil can send me better photos of the track bases

• Informative/Useful 1

Yes it looks good not sure about 24 sleepers / 60ft in OO, 26 would have looked better IMO, it’s on the C&Lfinescale website at £33 for 5 meters of track base or 2 meters with self assembly rail for £16.50, not sure if it’s available as flexi track yet

Edited by dube