Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Peter's Spares.

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Just a heads up for amazingly quick service from the above. I am hopeless at searching their Spares lists but had had a go to look for some Standard 80XXX T steps and detailing pack. No joy so sent an email that was replied to immediately by Peter, with apologies and suggesting I contact Bachman. I had already been told by Baccy that that was a no!  Some other suppliers please note!

Phil

• Like 1

I ordered a spare 153 motor bogie, to upgrade a Hornby 155, from Peters via eBay yesterday morning, and received it today!  Great service indeed.  Sadly it has to go back as the motor is dead - not a fault of Peters Spares I hasten to add!

I've used Peters Spare many times over the past few years, service is second to none

Joe

Edited by JiLo

8 minutes ago, Butler Henderson said:

At the prices they charge for spares I would hope the service is second to none. A quick google shows that motor bogie to be available elsewhere at least £7.32 cheaper without doing much searching

https://www.newmodellersshop.co.uk/hornby_spares/x9882_drive_unit_class_153.htm

You might well be able to come up with one example at any point in time.

For what they charge and the range they carry I think they have the balance about right.

The RRP is after all set by the manufacturer and Peter's tend to give a discount on this.

Rather than waste time searching on the odd chance I might get a bargain I prefer to go to Peter's and almost always find what I want straight away.

Often they might not have what I want but they have alternatives listed that I would never dream of searching for without the prompt that their site provides.

All power to them for providing a service.

In terms of stock turns it must drive people with a conventional business background nuts.

Would you rather they had a fire sake every couple of months?

Bernard 

• Like 3

If you're selling through ebay or amazon you have to pay them a slice of your profits. Don't know how Peter's deal with it, but there are some businesses who have 3 prices for the same item bought direct from their website, via ebay or via amazon.

1 hour ago, Butler Henderson said:

At the prices they charge for spares I would hope the service is second to none. A quick google shows that motor bogie to be available elsewhere at least £7.32 cheaper without doing much searching

https://www.newmodellersshop.co.uk/hornby_spares/x9882_drive_unit_class_153.htm

Yet the 153 dummy bogie is all of 2 pence cheaper....I've bought an item from there, marked as new but it was clearly used (a while back admittedly).  Would much rather pay a bit extra for good, reliable, service.

Paid for by Nectar points though, so technically free!

Edited by JiLo

Just now, JiLo said:

Yet the 153 dummy bogie is all of 2 pence cheaper....I've bought an item from there, marked as new but it was clearly used, took a while to get it sorted.  Would much rather pay a bit extra for good, reliable, service.

Paid for by Nectar points though, so technically free!

Hornby list the dummy bogie for £3.99 https://www.Hornby.com/uk-en/class_153_bogie.html whereas Peters somehow invent a RRP of £5.52 and then have it reduced to £4.37 https://www.petersspares.com/index.jsp?searchStr=X9883