Dapol O gauge 3F Jinty dcc sound fitted question

DaleT

Hi folks

I recently got a o gauge jinty as a gift, i have bought a gaugemaster prodigy 2 for it (and for my railway i hope to build)..

I noticed today on first  that sound functions 1 to 9 work fine.. funtions 10 to 15 do not work.. i can get function 11 sometimes but its not consistent.. 

Now i have had it on the program track.. the controller can 'read' the loco fine and all its CVs etc.. i can even change the sound value of the CVs that are related to the functions i can not hear.. 

Is this a common issue? I was thinkimg maybe the sound chip in the 3F is an older version and the Prodigy 2 may not read it well..? 

I hope it is not the controller! But it is brand new so i dont think it is..

Anyway the loco is great and it chuffs away nicley.. its just i expected perfection with the price of all this stuff ! 

Thanks for any info

Dale

• RMweb Premium

Was the loco fitted with the decoder when you got it? If so, any indication of whether it was factory fitted or had been fitted subsequently?

Do you know anyone else with a DCC layout that you could try the loco out on or someone who could bring one of their working locos to you to see if that behaves any differently.

I'm not familiar with the Prodigy so I can't say whether there is a limit to the number of functions you can access from the throttle. The NCE PowerCab throttle family need have to have one key's "value" - i.e. what it does - changed to permit by way of a two key press combination access to function numbers above 12.

Hope some of the above is useful.