Kerizac's shunting layout

Hello,

this is my very first post on this great forum. I'm a big fan of micro, boxfiles, plank and shunting layouts. I also like roundy-round layouts. I'm planning to build a small shunting layout (4' x 10" or 1.20 x 0.25m). I'll run short wheelbase wagons and a few funny Hornby 0-4-0. All your advices and comments will be very appreciated. Thanks.

1400.jpg.4b48869b4eb43de035d4230ce6947448.jpg

Edited by Kerizac
  • Like 7

Looks like an interesting plan, with plenty of scope for shunting operations. I too am a fan of small-scale/limited space shunting layouts (I currently have six, one of which, believe it or not, is stored in a flight case!), it will be interesting to see how your own concept progresses .....

• Thanks 1

OMG, that looks like a rather antiquated controller! But still, if it works, then that's all that surely matters. And I too am rather familiar with the "hand of god", can't really be avoided re wagon coupling/uncoupling, unless you employ a purely automated system, which I must admit, I've no real desire to do ....

• Agree 1

I needed several new buffer stops. I used very old Fleischmann buffer stops for a long time (see picture below). They are supposed to be in code 100 like the Peco or Hornby track but it doesn't work.

bs-1a-567d9b1.jpg

So I removed a few Marklin buffer stops #23977 (Marklin "My World" toy range / £8.00 for a pack of 3) from their fake Plastic ballast to put them on the Peco track. It works very well as you can see on the photo below:

bs-3-567d9ac.jpg

bs-4-567d9ae.jpg

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1