Hornby Class 67 windscreen fitting

rembrow

I thought I'd detail a problem I found with the manufacturer fitting of one windscreen on two different Class 67 models I've purchased over the last year. The first was last year with either R3348 67016 or R3349 67024, can't remember which. I found one windscreen was not seated at the top and down the sides. I thought it would push back, but there was no movement. On further examination I found that a wiper on one side was pushed inside the body at the wiper end and was stuck against the inner edge of the windscreen. I had to prise it loose and pull it to the outside of the body, only then would the windscreen fit into place. The wiper needed to be reshaped as the way it had been forced behind the windscreen had distorted the shape.

I thought this was a one off, however today found exactly the same problem with R3481 67025 Western Star, just purchased, so this looks like a production issue on some models. May be worth checking. It is difficult to work on the windscreen as I couldn't find a way of removing the cab seat/bulkhead moulding.