Southern Region Models

Deltaskelta

In the past I have bought Ayjay kits through Radley Models, which allowed me to use credit card for payment (through PayPal). He doesn't seem to be stocking the Ayjay kits any more. Not sure if Ayjay offer this method of payment, as I have never ordered directly, but he has generally been helpful.

The kits themselves are fairly basic and most detail is moulded on, often rather heavily, so they benefit from some hacking and fitting finer details and separate handrails, cables and so on. They are still a good starting point and worth getting for models that are otherwise unobtainable. I bought several bargain Hornby 2 BIL units to provide the mechanisms, but there are several other options for motorising the kits.

So far I have built, or am still finishing, a 'tin' 2 HAL, a Bulleid 4 SUB, and a Bulleid-style 2 HAP.

Thanks for that info.  I might give him a go in future.  I've been bodging up some "might-have-been" 4-SUBs out of old Tri-ang suburban coaches with a nice Replica Railways diecast powered chassis.  With some whitemetal pickups, front end castings and my failing eyesight they pass muster in between services from RTR suppliers, but there is always room for "correct" modelling if it is available.