Help wanted to fix my 3D printer (SE London)

Hi everyone, I have an Anycubic Mega S 3D printer and  somehow the base plate became un even, as a result the nozzle dragged itself along the plate and essentially etched the design I was printing into it. I now can’t get the whole thing to work as the material isn’t flowing through the nib properly and I’ve messed with it so much that I’m not sure what height the plate needs to be anymore . I was wondering if anyone on here was London based and would be able to fix it for me?  I’m not great with these things and basically just want to pay to get it resolved! I’m in SE London, would anyone be interested?? Many thanks in advance. 

401E8EAC-5618-4C3E-A380-8A26166910BF.jpeg

A reasonable guide would be that a sheet of paper will just about fit between nozzle and plate when z-axis is zero. Adjust the bed so there is plenty of clearance to begin with. Move the nozzle to each corner and adjust the plate such that there is just a slight drag when you pull the paper between the nozzle and the plate.  Keep going around until no more adjustment is required, as when you adjust one corner it will tilt the bed slightly which will effect the clearance elsewhere. If your plate is flat you should also get the same clearance in the middle.

Hopefully the lack of clearance is the reason why the material is not flowing.

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/10/2019 at 12:52, Titan said:

A reasonable guide would be that a sheet of paper will just about fit between nozzle and plate when z-axis is zero. Adjust the bed so there is plenty of clearance to begin with. Move the nozzle to each corner and adjust the plate such that there is just a slight drag when you pull the paper between the nozzle and the plate.  Keep going around until no more adjustment is required, as when you adjust one corner it will tilt the bed slightly which will effect the clearance elsewhere. If your plate is flat you should also get the same clearance in the middle.

Hopefully the lack of clearance is the reason why the material is not flowing.

Thank you so much for the advice Titan, I will give this a go now... 

You could try taking it along to the South London Makerspace (Herne Hill IIRC) and see if anyone there is an expert in 3d print? I've never been to SLMS but most makerspaces tend to work in a 'help YOU fix it' rather than  fix it for you, but it depends on who is around on the day.

Jon

3 hours ago, Tuckbx said:

Thank you so much for the advice Titan, I will give this a go now... 

It might also be advisable to do the adjustment when the bed is at printing temperature. I know on mine there is a significant change in clearance between cold and hot.