The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Cause of death ...

spikey

I've just had the pleasure of spending 20 minutes in the company of a lovely old girl who turns 92 tomorrow, and at one point she started going on about the fact that her first husband had died suddenly not long after they got wed.  Purely by way of conversation, I said at one point "So what did he die of then, Enid?"

"Oh, nothing in particular" says she.

That'll do me.  I can't think of anything I'd rather die of.

• Like 6
  • Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 2

There's something about the elderly who just tell it as it is. My dear MiL has just turned 90 and is one of the loveliest people I have known. No sides to her at all and she just tells you as it is.

A few days ago we had to take her to the Royal Berks to the out of hours GP as she had a urine infection and cellulitis in one of her legs. The clinic was quite busy and everyone was keeping themselves to themselves or were intently studying their mobile phones wondering when it would be their turn to be seen.

After an hour or so, they called her name and as she and my wife got up, she let out the one of the longest and loudest noises from her rear end I have ever heard and then just turned round to one and all, simply smiled and said 'it's my condition' and toddled off with my wife to see the doctor.

Talk about an ice breaker....Everyone was trying hard not to laugh, but one by one people smiled and chuckled thinking what a wonderful old girl she was.

• Like 12
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium

My late grandmother's comment in such circumstances (which were not infrequent) was "Better an empty house than a bad tenant!", usually accompanied by a glare daring anyone to contradict her.

DT

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1