Lone Star Electrical issues, and powering (Both Steam and Diesel)

Hello! its been quite a while I'm getting into N gauge now a lot (Regardless my screen-name being "The Tri-ang Scale Modeler" an account I haven't last used since 2017!) , as still modeling some OO scale items, which will go around the tree this year! but not having the Room for OO on a table I'm very much exploiting my space for OOO and N I have a few inquiries about a few models which I have bought over the past year or so and I cannot wait to Finish them but with some help from you guys since I'm assuming some of you may have had the same problems in the past, and I'm proudly sprouting my own N gauge layout as well ^_^

I have made a bit of a mistake by removing the brush contacts and the Television Suppressor from a Treble O Lectric F7, I want to replace them but don't know where to begin! (Don't want to get a new motor either) I've tried replacing the contacts using a couple paper clips which did not work, as I've reversed the commentator completely by accident which was a complete mistake!  not paying to much attention to where I was cutting the drive axle before, it would be appreciated to know how I can rebuild this vintage mechanical marvel! also the white stuff is superglue and baking soda on the chassis and it works really well! ;)

I'm also asking in inquiry on a suitable tender chassis for the Lone Star Treble O Trains 0-8-0s for re-powering! I am looking for a New example, Gear Driven to purchase and use maybe from a Diesel? its a project I've been wanting to finish now for a while, (Several Months) I am going to scratchbuild the 0-8-0 tender chassis to look like the Lionel Pennsylvania Flyer, the Lone Star 0-8-0 Dummies were the only thing I could get within my budget, which isn't really fantastic but i"m grateful for what I do get, :D plus I think restoring them will be fun since I own an airbrush now!   I'll show the one I've done in the past, I'm looking for something like Graham Farish that might be able to pull a 5 or 10 car long train, depending on the class,  it would be appreciated as well, the con rod less 0-8-0 will be used for spares since nobody recreates 3D printed parts 

The Lone Star 0-8-0s I'm modeling a pair of Scottish Twins from a VERY Popular British Television Series albiet a Parody Version of the show that uses Lionel models to tell rather adult stories....

image.png

image.jpg

image.png

image.png

IMG_4289.PNG

IMG_4277.jpg

I have reported your previous post to draw the Moderator's attention to your request. 

The Lone Star models are interesting and bring back a few memories from my childhood. Hopefully your posts will end up in the correct section and continue from there. :)

I would think this belongs in the Collectable/Vintage section.

My F7* still drives on all 4 axles (or at least she would if the belts hadn't all perished! :( ), A version of this sat under the tender of the Baldwin 0-8-0. Mine lacks a tender and has plastic combined connecting and piston rods (like the one in the above picture), but she is the later push along version.

It's all stashed away somewhere, so I can;t help with the wiring bryond the obvious that each brush is connected to the pickups on one side and the suppressor capacitor goes in parallel with the motor.

* Most of the Lone Star range was copied from Tri-ang, so the best you can say is that it's supposed to be an F7.

Edited by Il Grifone