Pre-Grouping wagon kits in 7mm?

hartleymartin

Hi everyone. Being based in Australia, I don't always get to know about a lot of the manufacturers and stuff being made in England. I was hoping that some of you could point me towards various manufacturers and kits of pre-grouping vans and wagons.

I'm working on a selection of rolling stock which would be near-enoughs to represent various items used circa 1900-1908 in NSW, Australia. Most of our wagons at that time came from British manufacturers.

A lot of the earliest stuff from the 1850s onwards came from J Wright & Sons of Birmingham. A lot of our wagons were patterned after LNWR stuff in the early days - in fact our Loco No. 1 class were an 0-4-2 version of the 0-6-0 Wolverton Express Goods locos.

3 hours ago, Furness Wagon said:

What do you want? We can turn our hands to anything. If you want 10 of them we can produce you them in kits or  build them.

Marc

Will contact you via pm.

For the most part, fairly basic open 4-wheel wagons and a couple of vans. Mostly 15ft long, 8ft wide bodies. Generally about the same size as a Slater's Midland Railways open wagon. I am actually planning on using the Slaters MR chassis kits as the basis if I have to scratch-build the bodies.

You can check out this webpage which shows some basic outline drawings. Of course, I have to purchase them, and probably have to pay a fee for the rights to use the artwork if it is something that gets turned into a kit or a re-salable item.
http://grapevine.com.au/~datashet/set_wagons.html

14 minutes ago, Furness Wagon said:

Hi Martin,

Looking through the sketches We might already have something in the range that might be able to be modified to make the Australian wagons.

Marc

Thanks. I can send you some images which give basic dimensions. I know that there is a Slater's 3-plank dropside wagon which is a pretty good near-enough for one of the dropside D wagons, and perhaps a 5-plank is another one I can pass off. The Low-sided A wagon, which is basically a flat wagon with a single 6" plank all around is so simple I can probably manage it on my own.