DJH Class 14 0 gauge

robertwm3110

I want to fit DCC to a DJH 14 using a ZIMO chip I have spare.  There is of course no “DCC ready” situation with DJH.  Is this just a case of following the wiring instructions with the chip, hardwiring to the contact points (I can solder pretty well).   As there are no lights on the class 14 presume its just the power in (2 wires) and out to the motor (2 wires), plus speaker 2 wires.  And capacitor if I add one.  Is it as simple as that? I know the sound may not be correct but my local model shop will re-blow the sound for a fee. 

Yes, that's the right idea. Red and black go to the track, orange and grey to the motor. As the chassis and therefore the body could be live to one rail make double sure that nothing can short out.

When doing similar conversions my usual method is to use an ESU 51950 harness - assuming that the decoder has a plug still attached. If not I fit a spare one. Then I use an old non sound decoder which I don't mind sacrificing should stray volts where they shouldn't. If all goes well after testing then the sound decoder goes in.