RMweb

PERSEVERANCE GWR METRO INSTRUCTIONS

A few years ago I bought a non running Metro which had been built to P4 standards whilst I model in EM. I also bought a Perseverance chassis kit which must have been quite old as it has no diagrams or pictures in it at all, just written words. I'm part way through construction but some diagrams of what goes where would now be useful. I don't know if these instructions were ever updated with deawings like the other chassis' I have biult but if anyone has one, can i get a copy please?

Many thanks for your offer, but I also have the 14XX instructions, having built one a few years ago. I've already built the basic chassis for the Metro with compensation. Unfortunately, it's the small details like brake fittings etc which I believe are different on the Metro. I'll have a look for my 14XX instructions next because, as you say, they might be helpful. I'll also dig out my Jim Russell loco books, the photos there may be useful.

7 hours ago, VIDEOMIKE123 said:

Can you buy South Eastern Finecast instructions on their own? I'll check that out tomorrow. Thanks

I buy parts from Dave (at SEF) to replace broken/missing parts or just buy the additional parts that come in the Southeastern Finecast kits to update the Older Wills kits. If you send a large stamped self addressed envelope to Dave for a list of spares available for the kit (F180 GWR Metro). You will find an exploded diagram will arrive showing the parts and their cost, this initially will show what is now available and its price. Just ask how much a full set of instructions are when you place an order.

4 minutes ago, hayfield said:

Is it just this one or have they bought the range?

Sorry I have no idea. I took notice of the Metro because I have one in my kit mountain and it is on my build list. I have a number of Perseverance kits and none I recall had anything but written instructions. They have been described as scratch aids so not ideal as a starter kit. 

16 hours ago, Brassey said:

IIRC Branchlines now market the ex-Rod Neep/Perseverance Metro so May well have updated the instructions 

I am sure you will find it is roxey Mouldings. They market a etched Metro kit and it has Rod Neep on the etches. This one is a complete kit though.

Regards,

Craig W