What gear do we all have?

binesrail

Hi all,

This is a topic for people to share info about what cameras they have got and the sort of shots you can get with them. weather you have got a small compact camera or a 21 mega pixle DLSR. (some times you can get better results with a small compact camera!)

Right to start of im Chris im 16 and this a list of all the gear i use.

Canon EOS 1000D with 18-55mm lense

Fujifilm Finepix S1500

Canon Sure Shot TELE

Praktica BX20 with 210mm Macro lense

Pentax MV1 with 22mm lense

Star42 trypod

And a few small compact cameras.

(i have also atatched a photo taken with my Canon 1000D using a 18-55mm lens)

Cheers

Chris

post-2641-12736771484_thumb.jpg

• 6 months later...

Hi Chris, I definitely cannot claim to own top-of-the-range or remotely modern (in terms of tech) gear. In fact, all my cameras are film!!

Taken from my Twitic http://twitpic.com/39m4lb (may need roatating):

Top row:

Holga 135BC; the one that started it all. Bought back in June after a friend introduce me to Lomography. Simple as they come, one shutter speed (plus manual) ,focus ring, apature settings and a plastic lens. Not a bad wee thing when coupled with a flash:

post-5472-089634200 1290564542_thumb.jpg

Fed 5B; Soviet rangefinder workhorse with enough weight to bludgeon (how I introduce it!). My main camera as its far more controllable than the others.

post-5472-060908700 1290564868_thumb.jpg

post-5472-024337300 1290564915_thumb.jpg

Diana Mini; a mini version of the Diana and in 35mm to boot!! Another simple camera but with square and half frame capabilities. Great for nights out.

post-5472-037209900 1290565013_thumb.jpg

Diana Dreamer and Anny: Some medium format-ness. The Diana Dreamer is a relatively exclusive edition and packs pinhole photography as well. The Anny was picked up for pittance off eBay and is a proper rubbish Diana clone. Prone to light leaks or falling apart in a stiff breeze.

Lomo LC-A: a very expensive camera for what it is from Lomography. Bought from Russia. Not shot with it yet as I haven't had the chance.

There also a couple of flashes kicking around and a set of macro lenses for the holga.

As is clear. I don't care for big fancy cameras and 20 million pixels, et al. For me its all about the subject. Saying that, I do put some effort into exposure and focus otherwise its a waste of a shot.

Archived