Continuous Run

Hello Tom,

Although being a member of this wonderful site for many months I have hardly posted comment, much preferring to sit back and just enjoy the highly skilled individuals that reside here.

Your thread though inspired me to reply, after many attempts at creating the "perfect layout" (whatever that is exactly!) I simply decided to make a layout to run my trains, simple. It is, if you like, a train set rather that a model railway with pretty much standard track and buildings and mostly off the shelf products.

The result is far from finished but you get the general idea from this photo, two mainlines, 2 loco yards and a small freight yard, no inclines, no embankments and not much to go wrong....

DSC01964.jpg

Having finally realised that I didn't want much more than to just sit back and watch my trains go by this layout meets the requirements, I hope the more talented guys and girls here forgive my amateurish attempt but if you think "Hornby Catalogue" and "Train Set" rather than model railway then hopefully you see where this layout is heading.

DSC01978.jpg

IMG_0311.jpg

P5022832.jpg

P5022842.jpg

Of course there are still plenty of opportunities to enjoy modelling and create small dioramas but I am firmly with you when you suggest that for a change you might just like to have a train set, I completely agree although of course I also greatly admire the non roundy roundy layouts that appear on this site.

Thanks for starting this entertaining thread and I hope you don't mind me adding my comments and photo's.

All the best,

Gavin.

Archived