class128 dcc sound

howard j ellam

Its a while since I did one but I don't think there is a connection on the PCB.

I used an ESU 21 pin decoder that comes with a speaker attached so I just replaced the speaker with 2x 8 Ohm bigger speakers in the body.

If I remember there is a light plug thats in the wrong socket so I'm not sure if that has been sorted by Heljan yet.

Can't remember what it works but you will know when the lights don't work correctly.

Wiggy..

Edited by wiggy1

• RMweb Premium

If it is a 21 pin socket board then there 'should' be speaker connections on the pcb, but if it is anything like the 21pin pcb in my Heljan W&M 4mm railbus then there is a socket ( one of many on the board), but no spare plugs are available to suit, and no indication of what each are for. You have to work that out yourself using the 21pin-out diagrams available online. The pins for speakers are 9&10. So you will probably have to trace them out to a socket if you are able. On the W&M it was CN6. I cut the top off the socket to be able to solder the wires to the socket pins. With a Zimo 644D you are warned adding wires direct to the decoder invalidates the warranty, so I tried to avoid doing that just in case.

1419618879_RMwebWM06.jpg.e26b6c6b79fd9506af03da52fc19acb1.jpg

1475625980_RMwebWM07.jpg.2e09cb1aaaa38833c7b38fb2a4327657.jpg

Hope they might assist you.

Izzy