Layout lighting.

I have accepted an invitation to take my scenic test track to a show in May. It is only 7 feet in length and I do not want to build a pelmet as it is intended to sit on a table and be child / wheelchair friendly. ( This NOT an attack on eye level layouts, they have their place too).

I have seen layouts with a single spot light on a short mast in each of the rear corners. Can anyone recommend suitable light units?

Make sure you use one with a replaceable LED Bulb as experience with very expensive LED security lights at our Village Hall with non replaceable LEDs is that they are very fragile and have a very short life.  

• RMweb Gold

I have been using one of these as a bedside reading light for around a decade and it is still going strong.  We also have three others which get less use and which are also functioning perfectly.

When I bought these I specifically avoided similar looking lamps with plastic clips which are more likely to break.  I would think this would be important for an exhibition layout.  The only reason I posted a link to Ikea earlier rather than to these was because I thought the taller white stem might blend into the background better than the shiny chrome stem on the Homebase lamp.

dasatcopthorne's suggestion about 'spread' sounds like good advice but it isn't the kind of information listed on websites very often, so you might just have to visit one of the stores or buy one/some and see but be prepared to return them.