Looking for a volunteer with an eLink to provide some feedback

El Pollo

I recently got myself a Hornby eLink and after enjoying all the fun of trying to get it working, I wondered how hard it would be to write my own software to control it via a web browser. After a few weeks experimenting, I ended up with Itokawa. I'd be curious to find out if it worked for anyone else and if it was worth taking further?

You can find it on Github along with a detailed getting started guide for the Raspberry Pi (sorry, I've not got a proper Windows/Mac guide yet):

https://github.com/elpollouk/Itokawa

Right now, it only supports 128 speed step locomotive control, so you will need to have an already programmed loco ready to go. CV programming is the next thing on my list...

I know JMRI/WiThrottle already exists and have a very strong community behind them so this is more of a personal project. My main motivations are:

• Brush up on my TypeScript and general web development knowledge.
  • I want my friends to be able to share control without them having to install dedicated apps.
  • I don't like having to run RailMaster with Admin privileges given the bugs.
  • I'm a fan of the MIT license. If someone finds my ideas useful or interesting, I want them to feel free to build a better product in whatever way they see fit.

If anyone is able to get it working for themselves or has any feedback, please feel free to get in touch!

Edited by El Pollo
Fixing title