Removing decals

Hi all,

Not a modelling person - but trying to change a "ONE" livery 156 into the "White Stripe" livery used by NXEA and GA.

I've used advice found in other threads of this forum and have taken off almost everything that I need to remove using T Cut and cotton wool buds / cocktail sticks - except the pink stripe, as seen in the attached photos.

Does anyone have any ideas?

IMG_20200301_131901.jpg

IMG_20200301_133214.jpg

• RMweb Premium

I’d be very tempted to remove all the paint with a bath of superstrip or something similar.

A predominately White livery will show up any underlying detail, like the ‘edge’ of any paint layers, e.g. where the Black is around the window area.

At the very least use a fine (800 grit, or finer) wet&dry paper along the joints between the colours..

HTH

cheers,

Phil.

6 hours ago, rob D2 said:

Not sure, but I’d get the rest of the t cut off with water asAp as it leaves a hard to remove white residue when dry 

Yes, it's all off now - thanks :)

6 hours ago, Phil Mc said:

I’d be very tempted to remove all the paint with a bath of superstrip or something similar.

A predominately White livery will show up any underlying detail, like the ‘edge’ of any paint layers, e.g. where the Black is around the window area.

At the very least use a fine (800 grit, or finer) wet&dry paper along the joints between the colours..

HTH

cheers,

Phil.

I think you're thinking of the white with blue or red doors livery (as on the Hornby 153?) - I'm intending to model the transition where they simply put a white stripe down the side of the former ONE livery. I'll attach a photo.

Screenshot_20200302-044717.jpg

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, JGPhoto said:

I think you're thinking of the white with blue or red doors livery (as on the Hornby 153?) - I'm intending to model the transition where they simply put a white stripe down the side of the former ONE livery.

‘You’re right, I was ! :rolleyes:

Good luck with getting in between all the detail !

show us the results. :good_mini:

cheers,

Phil.