Plug n play decoders.

Bulleidboy100

I know this is probably the wrong description, but I tend to use TCS DP2X-UK decoders as they are a direct fit with no harnesss. I see that both Hattons and Gaugemaster provide a similar decoder and its cheaper. Several people have said the Hattons versions works well and they have had no problems, however on the Hattons site it says that it doesn't always work so well with some Hornby controllers - I have a Hornby Elite (v.1.45) - has anyone used these decoders with an Elite, and was everything ok. Many thanks. 

• RMweb Gold

I used a Hattons 8pin direct fit decoder with an Elite once upon a time (in a Class 71).

Seemed to work fine, only slight oddity was a noticable buzz from the loco whenever it was on the track that doesn't happen with other decoders.

I have an Elite and use it with Hattons branded decoders without issue.  When I read the decoders through the Elite via Railmaster, it tells me the "Hattons" decoders are in fact Zimo

3 hours ago, JST said:

I have an Elite and use it with Hattons branded decoders without issue.  When I read the decoders through the Elite via Railmaster, it tells me the "Hattons" decoders are in fact Zimo

Are you really sure about that ?    I suspect something or someone mis-reading a word beginning with "Z". 

Zimo supply Bachmann with decoders, but the packages are very clear that they are made by Zimo.  
Zimo don't make an 8-pin direct decoder, all their 8-pin types have a wiring harness to the 8-pin plug.

The cheap decoders from Hattons is likely to be a Lais product.   You can search the history of Lais and TCS elsewhere. 

- Nigel