Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Digikeijs DR5000 issues

Dougjuk

• RMweb Gold

Hi,

I know some of you have mentioned a few strange behaviours with this control system, but has anyone had issues with the program track and addressing a loco.  I have a new 24, 24137 and I cannot get the system to run the loco.  I have set the address and details on my LokSound programmer and run the loco fine but the DR5000 will not recognise the address.

If I use the program track on the DR5000 it can read the 4137 address but will not run the loco.  I have tried reading and writing the address but still does not work.  The strange thing is if I write the address as 3 it runs fine but no way will it work with 4137.

I got out my old NCE Powercab and it runs fine on that as 4137 and is fully recognised.  I even tried rewriting the address on the NCE and trying it on the DR5000 but no way.

So the loco is set as 3 for now while I get it run in and settled.

I have loads of other loco's on the layout all on the long addresses and they run fine, examples such as 4035, 7284.  

Really has got me scratching my head, I cannot find any settings to deal with this.

regards

Doug

I have a DR5000 but have not seen anything like this. Things that you might try, but I have no idea whether they will work, include updating the firmware on the DR5000 and re-writing the locomotive's address.

Best wishes in dealing with this!

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

firmware is up to date, getting some interesting comments on the Digikeijs forum.  Looks like someone has seen similar strange behaviour with address writing and reading.

I am going back via supplier to the Techies.

Doug

• RMweb Gold

As an update.  James from DCC Train automation has been on the case.  He left no stone unturned going through the system, it may be that my box has a fault, it has gone back to him for full testing.  Cannot fault the customer service.

• RMweb Gold

Another update. My DR5000 has been found to be working fine, it would appear to be something to do with the ESU chip. It still needs to be investigated but it appears that the ESU Lokprogrammer locks the long address preventing it being changed. This has been replicated. I await the return of my system.

This will take a while to investigate but I now have a work around of moving back to the short dress first.

Another great result from James at DCC Automation.

• RMweb Gold

Got my DR5000 back today and all working.

i have 3 new sound chips V5s, went through the Lok Programmer leaving them on the short address of 3.

I then used the DR5000 to write the long addresses, all worked fine.

I still do not know what happened to my V4 chip which is now dead.
Glad to have my system up and running.

Doug

• 1 month later...

Might be worth sending the V4 back to ESU. If it is a faulty one they may replace it. They replaced a new one of mine that I accidentally fried when it was on the ESU tester and one of the speaker leads touched the circuit board underneath ....... 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

hi,  Already tried that, Charlie from DC Kits just returned it to me and SW Digital were not really interested.  So after a few more attempts it went in the bin.

Put it down to experience.

Doug

• Friendly/supportive 1