The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

NHS front line - A plea

neal

• RMweb Premium

I suppose us railway modellers are lucky, particularly if we have our own layout (not me yet!!) or like to build loco's, rolling stock or lineside scenery since many of us are forced to indulge our hobby by being stuck at home. I have just about finished that London Road Models K2/2 that I am building for Bentley Model Railway Group at long last.

Its not so good for people like Welly above who have to work so hard to deal with the consequences of Covid-19. I wish them all well and know what an herioc job they are doing for us all. My eldest daughter has just worked 12 days to set up and run the testing regime at her hospital and is now exhuasted. I would love to go and visit her and her family but self isolation prevents it and she would not open the door to me anyway! Instead I have sent her and her sister a half case of Prosecco to my NHS Heroes as a little thankyou.

Perhaps many of us know an NHS worker locally - it doesn't need to be Prosecco but any small gift sent as a thankyou would be a huge morale booster!

Kind regards,

Richard B

Edited by 30368
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• 2 months later...

Just picking this thread up again after a while.

I think acts of random kindness are a great idea. We anonymously left a couple of boxes of chocolates on the windscreens of careers who visit our disabled housebound neighbour.

Coming back to my story, having kept in touch with my Macmillan nurses over the past 12 weeks, I became aware that prostatectomies had restarted in the East Midlands.  Whilst initial thoughts were that due to reduced efficiency for Covid precautions  (throughput is just 20% of that pre-Coronavirus) the surgery would be delayed a lot further, I today got the call that my operation has been rescheduled for the 12th June.  Fingers crossed this will go ahead ok.  

Thanks must go to my surgeon who has been most supportive and honest throughout, and Macmillan nurses who are always positive and hugely caring.  

So I am now on countdown, with pre-op assessment on the 9th, and effectively shielding till the operation.

Thanks again for those who have provided supportive comment and likes. I will be clapping tonight with increased vigour!

Neal

• Friendly/supportive 12